Better than what...




Better than what... Better than ever... Better than your average bear... Better than I used to be... Better than nothing...
You'll just have to read on and decide for yourself.

About Me

My photo
Springfield, MO, United States
I'm a continual work in progress.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Seraphina Has Arrived from Pakistan...

Seraphina arrived around 2:00 today in all her 62 lb tent glory. She has wheels. Rhi says we're not naming the tent. Too late! I was very anxious to get her all set up but so much to do today. Had to go to core abs where I had an excellent workout. Can't have that mood getting out of whack from lack of exercise during the vacay. Worked on my chandelier for the tent until the wee hours last night. Just putting the finishing touches on it, so no pictures yet. Went to Waffle House for cheesy eggs and bacon for lunch - yum. Went to Walmart to get tent sealer and ran by Big Lots to look at tent lights. Got home just in time to relax for a few minutes before my 3:30 massage. I know  - right. The luck of the draw had me with Frank today. I was a tad nervous about a male masseuse but sucked it up and just relaxed into it. Now I'm glad I did. He made me feel very safe and comfortable and wow did he work all those little tense muscles in my neck and shoulders. I tend to lead with my neck when I'm doing ab stuff. Anyway I felt like I was in a wonderful altered state when I was finished and kind of floated back home. I emptied out the little tent and it was time to take off again. Rhi wanted me to go to the Nature Center before she ran out of light to take photos. We actually ended up going to check out Ingram Mill Park instead. I think they still have some work to do on it but it's really coming along. There's a nice woodsy trail around the lake with some really cool bridges that they've put in and lots of nice scenery. We headed back home with just enough light to get the little tent down and the big tent up. Rhi did most of the work. She figured out where all the multitudes of tent poles went and got it staked down for me. We finished up just after dark so not much rearranging and decorating yet. I can hardly wait. Seraphina has two, count them, two closets and a little three tier hanging shelf for the corner. There's also a cute little battery operated light that is velcroed to the ceiling, not to mention four great big windows. Rhi has banned me from running an extension cord from her bedroom but I think I can make the garage work. The tent is supposed to have a port for electrical but it was too dark to find it tonight. I can hardly wait to get started in the morning. I think I'll start out with a nice relaxing lounge in the morning and then figure out how I'm going to arrange the furniture in the tent. Then I may run off to the thrift stores to look for textiles. Ah we'll just have to see what the day brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment