Better than what...




Better than what... Better than ever... Better than your average bear... Better than I used to be... Better than nothing...
You'll just have to read on and decide for yourself.

About Me

My photo
Springfield, MO, United States
I'm a continual work in progress.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Let the vacationing begin...

Mrrrwhaaaha, yes this is me, vacationing, in the tent, in my new ballet slippers. Which by the way I had to fight my way through a screaming hoard of tiny ballerinas for. They only have little girl items on display in the front of the store. The crazy big people stuff is hidden away far in the back room. I think I saw her blow dust off the box. Many questions were asked, what type of shoe are you looking for? Do you want cloth or leather? Standard answer, duh I don't know. What do you have in a gargantuan size 10. Width, um maybe medium. Anyway I tried on three pair to discover that I wear a size 7C in a ballet slipper. Laaaa! I have the petite princess feet in ballet. Shut up, all of you, I hear you laughing. I also looked at ballroom slippers, they were pretty cute too but I didn't want to spend the $40 bucks for them. Besides, Marie said I could wear my ballet slippers in ballroom too. Woohoo.

Good news when I checked my emails tonight. My 16x12 Olympic Cottage has shipped. I could be putting that baby up in the next day or two. So that's part of the plan for the vacation. Am I gonna stay up till I feel like it - are you kidding? Am I gonna sleep as late as I possibly can in the mornings - you know it. I'm also going to read, and surf the net, and play and relax and craft; or I'm going to lounge in my chair and do nothing. We'll see how the mood strikes me. By the way, this is a freakin' comfortable lounge chair. I can just see the last bit of pink in the western sky from my chair through the tent flap. The neighbor's dog and I are going to be come best buddies this summer. Just as soon as I stop freaking her out. Well time for a little cat nap and then I'm off to Hobby Lobby to look for tissue paper for the making of paper flowers. If I make it outta the chair of course.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! You are just a breath of fresh air to me, you Freebird. Can't wait to see the new outdoor digs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are already enjoying your VACAY fully, aren't you? Your words - from the purchase of size 7C ballet slippers to enjoying your chaise - are joy-filled. I'm thinking you're just mighty pleased with yourself at the moment...Cheers to that! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete