Better than what...




Better than what... Better than ever... Better than your average bear... Better than I used to be... Better than nothing...
You'll just have to read on and decide for yourself.

About Me

My photo
Springfield, MO, United States
I'm a continual work in progress.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Time flies...

Here it is Sunday evening all ready. These weekends go by too fast. Friday was Google Reader review night. Love to get caught up on all that interesting stuff out there. Of course by the time I finished with that it was 3:00am. So naturally I slept till 1:00 the next day. Just in time for Rhi coming in from the barn. I must have been out, I didn't even hear her leave. Such a rainy gray day that we decided to stay in. Just a quick run to the Quick Trip for soda. Saturday was catching up on Hulu and Netflix. I watched a movie with Liam Niesen and Sandra Bullock called "Gun Shy" it was about an undercover DEA agent who'd almost been killed during a bust and was having post traumatic stress issues. He ends up going to group therapy while still on a case and getting all the  guys in his group involved in the case. It was pretty cute and had a good ending. I went out to check on things in the tent and it had fared pretty well. I did discover why the chaise was so cheap though. The tent reeked of cat pee so I've got the cushion out in the rain and air. As soon as it's decent enough to be out there I'm going to use the hose and some detergent on it and let it dry in the sun. I think it's recoverable, it's just going to take some work. Sunday I decided I'd been enough of a slug this weekend and talked Rhi into getting out with me. We went by the gym, but of course it wasn't open, so we went to the mall and made a brisk trip twice around. By the time we were done my lower back hurt, my left shoulder hurt, and I had a sharp pain in the ball of my foot. Jimminy Crickets it's hard work to get back in shape. I found a new app this weekend to help with fitness. It let's you put in your weight and your goal, how much you want to lose a week, and tells you how long it will take you to get there based on what you're telling it. You also put in your meals and your exercise for the day and it calculates how many more calories you can eat after you've put in each meal. In other words it's just another fun toy to play with to keep things from getting boring. I like changing things up it keeps me interested. I decided to be a little crafty today as well. It was nice. Rhi and I both sat at the table, she worked on the paper she has due and I worked on beading this necklace. The colors aren't showing up that well in this picture. There's actually a lot of red in it. Rhi said she'd pose in it as long as I didn't include her head in the picture. I'll have to wear it tomorrow to show it to you guys.


Petey had to go in her cage while I beaded. She would not be deterred from helping otherwise.Just as I was finishing up Mom came for a visit. We were all over at the table sipping tea when she asked up to go to Mama Jeans with her to pick up ginger chews. I came into the living room to put on my shoes and thought, what the heck is that fuzzy stuff all over the floor. That's when we discovered that someone had attacked the rabbit fur collar of my mom's coat that she had left on the chair. We were all right there in the dining room I don't know how we missed that massacre. Fortunately it's thinner but still wearable. Rotten little monsters. We don't know which one did it but we have our suspicions. Picked the last of my jonquils on the way back in from our outing. No point in leaving them out for the frost. They sure are pretty on my table.


The babies are out cold on the couch, I'm finishing up my weekend with a little blogging, doing a little laundry, maybe doing a few dishes. Or on the other hand maybe I'll just go read a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment