Better than what...




Better than what... Better than ever... Better than your average bear... Better than I used to be... Better than nothing...
You'll just have to read on and decide for yourself.

About Me

My photo
Springfield, MO, United States
I'm a continual work in progress.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Last Tango in Tandem

It was a good day today. Started the day off with a positive meeting. Spent my lunch hour garage saleing with Teresa. Just kind of looking around, I'm looking for decorating items for the tent. We were going to go by Funtiques (which for some reason, I can't stop calling Good Ju Ju). I think I'm just going to give up and start calling it Lauren's place. So anyway we turned down this side street and Teresa spotted another garage sale sign. I didn't think much of it when we pulled up. It looked like clothes and crap from the street but I'm so glad now that we stopped. Look what I found - this is going to be so perfect for the tent when I get it fixed up.


I need to go the material store this weekend and look at outdoor fabric. I'm torn between two visions. Either a neutral pallet of light colors with different textures or an Arabian Nights fantasy with pinks, blues, purples, etc. I'm just going to have to see what they have at the material store. White has always been impossible in the house but in the dog free zone...  Let's just say it has some appeal.

I don't know what's going to end up appealing to me the most. It could go either way. I'm a woman of many whims.


If I go with the color pallette I'm influenced by my Lavender Buttercup graphic maybe in somewhat more subtle shades.


Now on to dancing. Tonight we spent most of the evening on the Tango. I really like the Tango. It makes me feel like a real dancer. Not only a real dancer but a very feminine dancer. Hard to explain. Then we switched back to the waltz and I lost it. Apparently my brain can only hold one dance at a time. Some sad news tonight as well. Robin's rehearsal schedule starts back up next week and he won't be able to come back to class. I may be back to dancing with Marie next week. That's okay though Marie always makes me feel more competent. I don't know how she manages to teach both parts though. That switching from leader to follower and teaching both parts would absolutely fry my brain. You're my hero Marie!

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! That's so amazing.
    I have to tell you, your enthusiasm is contagious. I find myself wanting to take dancing lessons & build an oasis in the backyard!
    Definitely go to F& M for fabric; you'll get so many ideas!

    ReplyDelete