Better than what...




Better than what... Better than ever... Better than your average bear... Better than I used to be... Better than nothing...
You'll just have to read on and decide for yourself.

About Me

My photo
Springfield, MO, United States
I'm a continual work in progress.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Like Sand Through the Hourglass...

I feel the precious moments of vacation time trickling away. I've done not much of anything for a week, I've read, I've lounged. I've put up a tent and hung out in said tent. I've weakened in my resolve in the dog free tent zone. I decided  I liked having one dog out in the tent with me when the others were inside so no one can sneak up on me. So this has become Lady's haven as well. She has spread herself across the lounge like the Queen of Sheba for most of the afternoon. I've been decorating a bit, still not exactly the palace I envision or that Seraphina the tent deserves but it's coming along.

As many of you know, I've been working on the chandelier for the tent. I've still got to add my light and I'm not sure I'm happy with the amount of bling yet, but it's coming along. I'll know it's finished when I lose the urge to fool with it anymore.

In a burst of energy today I sanded and painted my ugly little chest and have turned it into a Moroccan themed (loose interpretation) treasure. I'm pretty happy with the result in spite of the fact that I free handed most of it and it's not as crisp as it probably should be. Oh well. I'm mostly happy with it. Also I got to use some more of my Robin's egg blue paint - and I've still got some left. That can has more than paid for itself. I think I have enough to do one more bookcase when I get energetic again.


I've also brought the little gate leg table out (don't think I'm going to do anything to it just yet) and I've spray painted my little green chairs in champagne. They actually look more interesting in person than in the picture. They were originally green and I've lightly spray painted, so they have sort of a mottled pattern that I think is eye catching. Next for these is cushions. Oh and I'm still looking for rugs. The green air mattress under the table is temporary.


Of course I found the chaise a couple of weeks ago. Thanks to Teresa's eagle eyes. This fifteen dollar beauty has been the greatest find. My gosh this is comfy. Lady thinks so too! My make do on this piece is an old green striped twin sheet covered by the silky room divider that came with the tent.

I've also added my little fuzzy purple throw as a rug. Found the little table at Hobby Lobby and couldn't resist. A girl's gotta have a place to put her beverages you know.

I definitely need more pillows scattered throughout. I'm not normally an orange person but I've got my eye on some luscious silky material in a lovely orange with gold roses scattered on it. Also some very nice blues and purples at the material store.


Here are more pictures of the chest. Again think Moroccan inspired. 



Of course the gold is more shimmery in person than in the picture. I also turned the handles upside down when I put them back on. They look more like genie lamps that way. Ha! Those were all tarnished and ugly but a nice copper paint made them look like new.


I've also ran my extension cord from the garage to the tent so when it was so hot the other day, I had my fan going and was still able to enjoy my retreat. It's getting harder to leave the tent and come in.

1 comment:

  1. I so want to come see this in person! If I hadn't worked til after 6 Fri would have come by then. But this week sometime if the offer is still open! That chest has undergone an amazing transformation. Love how its all coming together - and yes - I have to suggest a LOT more bling on the chandi....great start though!

    ReplyDelete