Better than what...




Better than what... Better than ever... Better than your average bear... Better than I used to be... Better than nothing...
You'll just have to read on and decide for yourself.

About Me

My photo
Springfield, MO, United States
I'm a continual work in progress.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Return of Seraphina

I've very much enjoyed having an extra day this weekend. Yesterday I visited hardware stores and gathered pvc  pipe and joints for my tent repair project. As you all know I had a tentastrophy last week and Seraphina was down due to high winds. After much aggravation searching on-line and talking to service hotlines I found out that replacement parts were not available. So of course jury rigging was the next step. Men have tools - women have ingenuity. A generalization I know but definitely true in my family. Anyway I spent yesterday evening putting parts together with my handy dandy roto tool and pvc glue and got her back up. She's not quite as straight as before but at least she's up. We'll see how she holds.

One casualty of the storm was the hand-beaded chandelier. The frame is intact though so I believe I can start over. Que Sera Sera. I don't know why but I must sing that when I say it. Maybe I need to watch Doris Day on Netflix today.

I was leaving for ballet this morning when I realized Rhi had taken my truck but not left me her car keys. Fortunately my mom was willing to pick me up and drive me over. Alas my ballet slippers were in the glove box of the truck. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Bonus, mom got to watch the ballet class. She said we looked like little fairies dancing across the floor. Gotta love your mom! She'll lie to you with a straight face when you need her to. I actually signed up for more ballet lessons with Marie. Next week is our last Ballroom class and I don't think I can do without some form of movement over spring break. I figure I'll work on flexibility first, then coordination, and then grace. This could take a very long time.

We're going to have Easter dinner with the parents this evening. Dad's been looking at recipes on line and is cooking a ham. He said something about a blow torch so Rhi and I decided to come home and go back over when it's done. Mom's rosebush is starting to bloom and the buds look really cute in the little vase Susan gave me.




How sweet is that!

I'm stretched out in my comfy chair with the front door open and my bare feet hanging out in the breeze. Think I'll watch a little Doris until dinner time maybe, Glass Bottom Boat, or Pillow Talk. Or maybe I'll take a little nap. My chair has that effect on me, sometimes it's just too cozy to resist curling up with my little fuzzy blanket and nodding off.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to mend Seraphina! Hopefully, someday soon, the weather will straighten out so you can fully enjoy your backyard haven.

    ReplyDelete