Better than what...




Better than what... Better than ever... Better than your average bear... Better than I used to be... Better than nothing...
You'll just have to read on and decide for yourself.

About Me

My photo
Springfield, MO, United States
I'm a continual work in progress.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Reincarnation

It's been a good day today. I went a little crazy on the shopping but oh the goodies I've found. I started at Target this morning since I was up way too early for my ballet class. Tried on some shoes cute little metallic sandals but I was being good. Made it out of the store with just an exercise mat and the water bottle Mom wants for Mother's Day. Went on over to my class and got my work out in. We did some new stuff today, something called a Tondeau and something that sounded French. I don't know, I just try to do my best. Anyway there's this one move where everyone sweeps their toe across the front and then back. There are five of us in the class and it makes the most relaxing little whispering noise as the ballet shoes move across the floor. It's sort of mesmerizing to be listening to the classical music and concentrating on making the correct movement. I feel transported.

After class I turned down a little side street and stopped at a garage sale where I found two very lovely gold sheer curtain panels. Score - only $5 for two panels! Then I decided I was annoyed with my hair and went to the Mall to see if I could get it cut. They had an immediate opening and I now have a cute little bob. Ran by FM material store to look for stuff for the tent after the haircut. Oh my gosh, there were wonderful things in every nook and cranny. Not only did I get some lovely sparkley gold and pink material but I found a wonderful deep purple silk for my chaise. I also found some very pretty trim for my chandelier.

Boy have I been busy this afternoon with draping and decorating. I haven't been inside all afternoon. I also popped into Big Lots and bought some solar lights. They're not charged up enough to show in the pictures yet but hopefully by tomorrow evening they'll be shining through the sparkly fabric. I couldn't resist sharing pictures, just keep in mind the pictures aren't nearly as pretty as the real thing.











Everything is all a glitter in my little retreat.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like I'm going to come by to see all the new sparklies! Sounds like you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my.. this almost makes me cry, it's so beautiful. We need to do a tea or something!

    ReplyDelete