Better than what...




Better than what... Better than ever... Better than your average bear... Better than I used to be... Better than nothing...
You'll just have to read on and decide for yourself.

About Me

My photo
Springfield, MO, United States
I'm a continual work in progress.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Starry Night


I've just about finished tinkering with the chandelier for the tent. My camera is not taking the best of pictures - everything is much more sparkly in real life.

Not that the tent has anything to do with real life mind you. It's purely for relaxing and dreaming.










Twinklies without flash.










Twinklies with flash. You can see some of the draping here but not the way the drapery glitters. I think I need another couple of yards to be satisfied.







Lighted stars without flash - lighted stars with flash. This is the section over the table and I wasn't sure they were going to work.

Apparently they needed to be jiggled.





The table is a work in progress. I just finished my second coat of gold on the top and need to touch up in the daylight and think about which pattern I'm going to add. I have a couple of Morrocan furniture designs for inspiration but I think I have an idea. I may start with a sun to match the little lights overhead and build on that.
Yep, I'm liking this idea. 


Also, I'm giving some thought to some painted floor cloth rugs. They wouldn't be as tactile as a real rug hmmm. I'll have to give this some thought.

1 comment:

  1. I can just imagine the view from within the tent once the fireflies start flashing....seraphina will twinkle inside and out!

    ReplyDelete