Better than what...




Better than what... Better than ever... Better than your average bear... Better than I used to be... Better than nothing...
You'll just have to read on and decide for yourself.

About Me

My photo
Springfield, MO, United States
I'm a continual work in progress.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Back on Track

Well I have some lingering congestion from flumageddon but am feeling much better. Went to all my classes last week and only coughed in the first one. That first one is kind of a blur. The Wednesday class was all about walking lunges and Friday with Ginnie was some really good stretching. Just wanted to lay there and go ahhh after the Friday class. Saturday I let myself get talked into trying Marie's ballet class. As it turns out it was pretty cool. It's a small class with about five or six women of various ages just there to get a good workout and have some fun. Not a lot of moves I could do, it's pretty complicated but man did I get some good stretches. This could be really help me with my flexibility. I just have to figure out if I want to give up a chunk of my Saturday running around day for it. 

Today Rhi and I were all about the cooking. I ground up some rosemary 

and Rhi grilled some garlic and we mashed that up and put it all over some potatoes drizzled with olive oil. 













They're in the oven roasting as we speak. I really like using Rhi's mortar and pestle for grinding up the spices - fun! 








I ground up some peppercorns and celery salt and onion flakes and pounded those into a couple of really nice Venison round stakes which we cooked on the grill.Yum. The dogs are going crazy over the smells. They kept trying to sneak into the kitchen to be nearer the lusciousness. Top it off with a really good class of sweet tea and I'm good to go for the day!

If only it had distract Sage longer. He's curled up on my lap this evening hiding from the thunder.

No comments:

Post a Comment