Better than what...




Better than what... Better than ever... Better than your average bear... Better than I used to be... Better than nothing...
You'll just have to read on and decide for yourself.

About Me

My photo
Springfield, MO, United States
I'm a continual work in progress.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Arabian Nights Phase I

Much better day today. I've successfully picked up the bulk of the sticks in the back yard (in spite of the snake).
Peace brother, be on your way. Have made it half way through the annual poopage cleanup festival. Have discovered if I tape a trash bag onto the frame for my hamper, it is the perfect tool to carry around the yard with me in this endeavor. That much being accomplished I elected to move on to my real mission in the yard today. I began with laying out the tarp and figuring out where to set up so I don't block Rhi's window. Then I made Rhi come out and help me set up the test tent. It's smaller than my summer tent will be, only one room but works as a test case. For those of you who haven't heard my grand scheme... I ran across a big tent on the website at Sears that looks just like a little cottage and hatched this plan for the summer. I have a book called sacred spaces that shows the special get a way places that women design for themselves to meditate or read or just take a break from everything. While Ali McGraw's adobe bungalow was cool, what really caught my eye was an Arabian tent complete with a desk for writing and a lounge chair for relaxing. Beautiful! Now I'm convinced that I can have this too. I don't have a big beautiful Arabian tent but a cottage tent is just as appealing. I feel pinks and purples and greens coming in my design scheme. Definitely an outdoor chandelier, maybe a hammock and probably a craft table of some sort. The test tent today is to test whether I can keep a tent on the ground with wind. Again with Rhi's help, I have it firmly anchored with stakes and bunged to the chain link fence so we'll see how it fares. Meanwhile, no furniture yet but Lady and I are lounging on a blanket while I work on my blog. I haven't run an extension out yet so I've got an hour before I run out of juice. So far I'm loving it. I've got the windows open so I have a nice breeze but there's enough privacy that I'm relaxed and at ease with no neighbors in sight. Unfortunately the white German Shepherd next door just figured out I'm in here but hopefully she'll settle down in a minute. Rhi is a little annoyed that I text-ed her to bring out the mouse for my computer. She said "I'm right here". How did I know she had her window open! I think I'm going to stretch out and take a little outdoor nap now. Or maybe watch a little Hulu. I think I have enough power for a thirty minute sitcom. :)

1 comment:

  1. I do believe your yard has more snakes than our whole farm! But I'm so glad for you that you got to test the tent idea today. Sure hope all went as planned and you can move to phase II soon. I can already envision a chandelier fashioned from a vintage wire basket! I'm envious of the whole special getaway space...which means I really do need to get my cellar turned into a potting shed this year so I'll have a special retreat too. At least the daughter's room is in process for its makeover - carpet & pad removed, 2 walls painted and the others ready for paint. And someday in the none too distant future that room will be mine for crafting and storing all my junky treasures!

    ReplyDelete