Better than what...




Better than what... Better than ever... Better than your average bear... Better than I used to be... Better than nothing...
You'll just have to read on and decide for yourself.

About Me

My photo
Springfield, MO, United States
I'm a continual work in progress.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Bustin Thru

The dogs have discovered my tent in a big way tonight. Lady and Bobby are insisting on being in the tent. I made the mistake of letting Lady hang out with me yesterday evening and now she thinks it's a given. Of course Bobby wants in on that as well. With Bobby and Lady in the tent Dixie wants in too. Trouble is she doesn't know how to get in and is just attempting to plow her way in the screen. I didn't let any of them in by the way. That was all Rhi! Ah they're all shooed out and it's quiet in the tent once again. Rhi also brought Petey out for a visit. I'll get even somehow. I have set up a little folding card table and two lawn chairs in the tent so I'm typing at a table. Not pretty, but functional. That's okay though this first tent is all about experimentation before the arrival of the cottage size tent. Teresa has intrigued me with pictures of handmade chandeliers today. One crystal beauty has particularly caught my eye. But the more I think about it the more interested I am in a stick chandelier strung with white Christmas lights. No telling what will develop. I was leaning toward pinks and greens and purples and an Arabian Nights decor but upon further reflection there are merits to an all white scheme with various textures. Further dog bans must be issued for that to be a possibility though. I didn't zip the bottom of the tent door and Bobby has just figured out how to get in. Crafty little devil. They don't think being separated is at all right. I think finding the right indoor/outdoor run will key. I think I'll work on finding that first and then decorate around it. T. also suggested redoing the old chest-of-drawers and using it for storage in the tent. Definitely an idea worth considering. After all I do intend to set it up so I can do crafting out here. Sage is over there peeking in the window. I think my co-workers were skeptical when I first hatched this plan but they're coming around to diggin' the idea. So far so good on the placement. The tent is far enough from the house but angled for privacy. I wonder how difficult it would be to make a little platform bed, hmmm....

1 comment:

  1. Platform bed huh? First thought was air mattress ...but then I remembered Cheryl mentioned a chaise lounge....saw a green one with fringe and everything on CL :) Or maybe a daybed? Possibilities!

    ReplyDelete