Better than what...




Better than what... Better than ever... Better than your average bear... Better than I used to be... Better than nothing...
You'll just have to read on and decide for yourself.

About Me

My photo
Springfield, MO, United States
I'm a continual work in progress.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekend Wind Down

I wish every weekend could be as nice as this one. I put all my should of's away (should have done laundry, should have worked on the yard, etc.) and played the whole time. Ran around with friends and family, found a new flea market, gathered some treasurers. I saw a sign at Wickman Gardens which is the perfect expression for this stage of my life.


I also worked on a couple of projects this weekend. I found an adorable rustic wooden box at the flea market for $1. I had an idea in mind for it, hence the trip to Wickman's.

 

I knew it would be perfect for some little succulents. It's going to look really good on my porch post in the spring but for now it's tucked safely away on the top corner shelf in the dining room. I just want to sqeeze them they are sooo cute!



My other project involves my alarm clock. It has a plastic outer shell and paper inserts so you can change the look of it. So I had this idea to change it to something I really like. Rhi and I spent some time at Michael's deciding that we both love scrap booking and we need to develop a storage system for it before we get heavily invested. Anyway I found a couple of pretty papers to work with. I traced around the template onto the paper and then cut out the clock face portion. Then I used my new hole punch tool to punch out the area for the speakers. It turned out just the way I wanted and now I can change it up with new paper whenever I get tired of the old.



I also played around with a trial version of Corel Draw this weekend and drew a little picture. Good golly I'm feeling creative lately.

  

2 comments:

  1. I so love this side of you! I myself have had a decent weekend, but nothing as energetic as you. Love you my friend, you're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Envious - I'm overflowing with envy! But in a good way, cause I know I can get you to show me all this stuff in person so I can copy :)
    LOVE the succulents - I want!
    Can't see the alarm clock very good - but it sounds perfect. And your painting - very artsy my friend - love it! I did some stuff too...hopefully will get a post done of one the projects tonight.

    ReplyDelete