Better than what...




Better than what... Better than ever... Better than your average bear... Better than I used to be... Better than nothing...
You'll just have to read on and decide for yourself.

About Me

My photo
Springfield, MO, United States
I'm a continual work in progress.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Another Snow Day

I got some sleep last night and it's amazing how much better that can make a person feel. I also got my exercise in today. I walked over to the gym for the Cardio Sculpt class wondering if anyone would be there. As it turned out I was the only one there. That worked out really well for me. I had a personal training session with Marie. Did some sit ups on the bench (more than I thought I could do) lifted weights for the chicken wings, did some push ups. I was sweaty and a bit shaky but felt good afterward. On the way back I was walking through the snow, watching the flakes come down all toasty warm in my double layers and I think I entered an altered state. I was several feet past the crosswalk before I realized I needed to turn around and go back in. I was thinking about Diva while I watched the snow coming down. Diva was a little quarter horse that I leased a few years ago. She was with me for three or four years before her owner took her back and I wouldn't suggest that arrangement to anyone. Even though I knew that would happen eventually, it still broke my heart to see her go. I was way too attached right from the start. Diva had a big personality, she liked to boss the other horses around but was gentle and loving with me. She lived out in the pasture and I would walk out and get her when I went out to the barn in the evenings. Usually it was just Diva and I coming in at that time of night. If the flies were out and one was after her Diva would come barreling to me and swing her butt around for me to kill it for her. Not something I would ever have thought I would do but you learn to kill them quick when they're hurting your baby. When we came in after dark I would sing out loud to scare off anything lurking in the dark. I remember walking Diva through the snow with a full moon up in the sky and just standing out there in the field, watching my breath, appreciating the beauty of the night. Not being cold at all because I could lean into her soft, warm coat as she nuzzled my shoulder. Caring for Diva was an experience I will always treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment