Better than what...




Better than what... Better than ever... Better than your average bear... Better than I used to be... Better than nothing...
You'll just have to read on and decide for yourself.

About Me

My photo
Springfield, MO, United States
I'm a continual work in progress.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Oblivious

I was laying in bed last night thinking about going to sleep when the cats ran through chasing each other like maniacs. Nothing unusual there but Dixie decided she wanted me to hold her and plopped herself on top of me. I lay there petting her until she snorted. I thought at first she'd lobbed a loogie at me but when I turned on the light I discovered that there was blood on my shirt and on my bed. I hollered at Rhi to come and help, Dixie seemed oblivious to everything. Turns out she had poked the pad of her front paw with something and was bleeding profusely. By the time we got her cleaned up and our surroundings cleaned up it must have been two in the morning. She didn't act like she felt any pain during any of this, just seemed very puzzled about why we were making her stay still. When I let the dogs out this morning she ran around playing in the snow and opened it back up so she is currently prohibited from rough housing outside with the pack. She did not understand at all why she couldn't go tearing off into the snow like everyone else. When she came in and we took the leash off her and got her re-bandaged, she went over and starred at the leash and tried to convince me that it wasn't fair and she really should get to go for a longer walk. She's off pouting now.

No comments:

Post a Comment