Better than what...




Better than what... Better than ever... Better than your average bear... Better than I used to be... Better than nothing...
You'll just have to read on and decide for yourself.

About Me

My photo
Springfield, MO, United States
I'm a continual work in progress.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Shutting Down

My brain seems to be in hyper drive since I started the wellness program at work. Have the endorphins kicked in - I don't know. It's become difficult to shut it down and go to sleep though. I've painted my kitchen walls and cabinets, cleaned the house, beaded a necklace, created a utensil hanger, and redesigned my blog and we're only part way through January. I'm not troubled, just enthused. Everything interests me right now. I can't get enough of my Google Reader, from Dilbert comics to the Huffington Post (which by the way, I think I want to be Arriana Huffington when I grow up). Throw in Psychology Today, NPR, National Geographic, and a dozen other things in RSS feeds and the interest quotient jumps through the roof. Oooh I bet the Smithsonian has a feed as well!

We're starting our new classes this week and I've signed up for Crossfit, Cardio Sculpt, Ballroom Dancing, and Stretch and Flex. If I'm not fit by this time next year it won't be for lack of trying.  I'm enjoying Pandora as I go to sleep at night. Some nights it's Muddy Waters, Etta James and the blues - some nights it's Classical guitar or celtic music. I'm waking up to Dolly Parton belting out "Better Get To Living". What will I be up to next, there's just no telling!

2 comments:

  1. You are so my hero! I feel like we are at opposite ends of the spectrum right now, so I take comfort that I WILL come out the other side!
    By the way - I've gorged your fish. Hope they don't sink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fed the fish too - hope we don't find them floating belly-up later! Your brain is on hyper-drive - that's what happens to me when I feel really good. I'm on may way there now :)

    ReplyDelete