Better than what...




Better than what... Better than ever... Better than your average bear... Better than I used to be... Better than nothing...
You'll just have to read on and decide for yourself.

About Me

My photo
Springfield, MO, United States
I'm a continual work in progress.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Gray days and ponderances

Between the gray skies today and the heavy feeling of an incoming pressure front and the number of documentaries I've watched lately, I think I may be pondering too much. Of course I won't eat chicken McNuggets again but thanks to Super Size Me and and King Corn I'm struggling with the idea of processed foods in general. Also there is much to worry about with water, the supply, the quality, the gaping need in other countries for something we take pretty much for granted here. The arrogance of so much availability that we can be picky about brands of water. Do I need cell phones, yes I would say so but I don't really need two Droids with bunches of apps to play with, honestly though it gives me so much pleasure. Could I live without cable, of course but it also gives me much pleasure. I watched a documentary quite awhile ago where this couple lived on a low income salary for a time, with no health insurance and nothing to fall back on. It made me think back to a girl I knew in school, Dorothy. Dorothy's family was obviously very poor and Dorothy lived an isolated existence full of mean spirited whispering because she smelled. Why do some people have this problem, well maybe they haven't been able to pay the utility bill or the hot water heater is broken and they don't have money to repair it, or maybe there's no money for soap that month. So anyway for the rest of the day I'm going to be grateful that I have enough to keep me and mine fed and I'm going to work on being mindful of the world around me and conserve in ways that I can. For now though I'm going to have to go back to cuddling the babies. Apparently Dixie is picking up on my mood and is trying to crawl on top of my computer to be held. We all try to do our part.

No comments:

Post a Comment