Better than what...




Better than what... Better than ever... Better than your average bear... Better than I used to be... Better than nothing...
You'll just have to read on and decide for yourself.

About Me

My photo
Springfield, MO, United States
I'm a continual work in progress.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Waiting for Snow

I'm waiting with excitement to see if we get snow tonight. Got my sandbags in the truck, can't wait to see the babies running around like maniacs playing in it in the morning. I love snow but don't care for ice! We'll see what develops. 

I was deep into my Google Reader tonight when I came across something profound "Action cures fear, so by learning to do it now, the spirit of faith will rise within you so that you become pro-active in all that you do". We could all use a bit more pro-active in our giddy-up. I think I've been fear based for most of my life. Today I took a baby step away from that. In our Cardio Sculpt class we were doing an exercise that involved climbing up on a bench and hanging from a bar doing leg lifts. Probably not that big a deal to most people, but not only am I afraid of heights but I'm afraid of falling. Amazingly though (with a little help from Marie) I made it up there without falling off and killing myself and I sort of did a couple of almost lifts in spite of my muscles quivering like Octopus arms. It could have been really embarrassing on several counts 1) I know it shouldn't have been a big deal and 2) it really wasn't pretty having my surgery scar and my big ole belly hanging out there in the big double mirror for all to see. Not too many years ago I would have reacted with shame to that scenario but I seem to have moved past it for the moment. The belly is getting better and the scar - well that's a visible mark of my survival of a major intrusive surgery. My war wound if you will. I think I digressed but this is not atypical for me. I really could use a snow day... I found an idea for redoing a bookcase on the DIY feed. Picture this in blue with different material...

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I think this would look great in your living room. Sorry about the snow day...
    Glad to see your giddyup is going pro active!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hardly wait to see your version of this cabinet. Pictures soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete