Better than what...




Better than what... Better than ever... Better than your average bear... Better than I used to be... Better than nothing...
You'll just have to read on and decide for yourself.

About Me

My photo
Springfield, MO, United States
I'm a continual work in progress.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Feeding the Spirit

Yesterday was a good day. I am so lucky to have found something that nourishes my inner being and a lovely group of women to share it with. My ballet group met for coffee before class yesterday. Yeats was quoted, topics were varied, laughs and stories were shared and then we went back to the studio and danced. I came home with both mind and body stretched. When you feel good the creativity flows and crafting is the natural extension.

My list of things I would like to make is long and ideas that I can steal are abundant. Rhi and I were in JoAnns and I ran across a white feather boa. Naturally the only thing you can do when your imagination is captured during the Christmas season is make a sparkly. Of course I had plenty of help with this project.




You wouldn't think Petey has the energy to be helpful.




But you have to consider her nature.



Which is why I end up with so much help on my projects. She couldn't resist the feathers! I already had my handy dandy pipe insulation for the form. Just added some sparkly ribbon to cover it up and add a base for the fluffiness. You have to watch when you're hot gluing the form because the hot glue gun will melt it if you let it sit too long on it. This was a nice simple little project for an afternoon.


This is what you end up with. This is going to be office decoration. Hope I don't lose too many feathers carrying it to work!



I also found a little basket for a dollar at the flea market. Painted it bronze and threw some Christmas at it. I think I need some more balls. Oooh those would look really good in my little punch bowl that I see sitting up on the shelf. I may rethink the basket.


No comments:

Post a Comment